In addition to being a stand-alone media center, MrMC can also be an Emby client. This feature is built-in and requires no additional files or modules of any kind.
If you don't already have a Emby server set up, or would like to learn more about Emby, see https://emby.media.
How it works
When a user is logged into their Emby server from the MrMC settings, the Emby video library is used as if it were the normal MrMC video library. Movies and TV show tabs will show up on the home screen, and watch/resume history shared, just as any other Emby client would do.
From the MrMC home screen, go into Settings -> Services -> Emby client
- Emby Manual sign-in(local)
- Manual sign-in will ask for your Emby username and password. These can be entered using the on-screen-keyboard. You can also enter text by using the iOS remote app, which might make entering long passwords easier. To log out, simply select this setting again.
- Emby Pin request sign-in
- Pin request allows you to log in from a web browser on your computer, phone, or tablet. A code will show up on the screen that you will need to enter on https://emby.media/pin.html. This code is only valid for a short while, so if you wait too long then you will need to select the pin request option in MrMC again for a new pin. Once entered correctly, the Emby settings will show that you are now logged in. To log out, simply select this setting again.
To access the Emby settings, from the MrMC home screen, go into Settings -> Services -> Emby client
In addition to the above sign-in options, other settings include the following.
- Emby Server sources
- Select which servers content will be shown in movie/tvshow listings.
- Limit Home Shelf to selected Emby servers
- Select which servers content will show up on Home Shelf (Recently added and In Progress).
- Reset above settings to default
- What it says. Selecting this option will return all of the visible Emby client settings to default, which will log the user out, select all servers for sources and Home Shelf.